Friday, January 21, 2011

"The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. The strong right arm of the Lord is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the Lord had done glorius things! I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the Lord has done." Psalm 118:14, 16-17.

I will never cease to be amazed at what this verse mean to me, and how amazing it is that God can always give us just what we need right when we need it-even just a verse to comfort us. I have re-read Psalm 118 more times than I can count! And every time it gives me more comfort than the last. The last few years have been some of the toughest I hope to ever have to face, but even if God decides that I am to go through even more crap than what has happened so far, I will have Psalm 118 and the promise that God truly is my strength and my song, He WILL give me the victory! I WILL NOT DIE; BUT LIVE!!!!!! And I will use the time He has given me on this earth to tell everyone the amazing things God has done in my life.

Well, that's just what has been on my brain tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I came across Psalm 118:17 a couple summers ago when I was going through some mental battles. Praise God that He reassures us that He will sustain us! When we feel like we are going to die in our battles He shows Himself faithful! So that we can proclaim HIM!!!

    Beda

    ReplyDelete